When I unboxed this bible for review, my heart leapt a little. It is so much like the one.my husband had before our home burned down last year. It was just a little extra blessing the familiar leather and weight.
This is a completely updated version from the one he owned and preached out of. It has all the features we have come to expect from Life Application bibles.
This has a beautiful lay flat binding with double ribbon markers. Words of Messiah are in red for easy identification. There are bios on individuals that include their strengths and weaknesses, accomplishments, and lessons we can learn from them.
The harmony of the gospels is also laid out beautifully in a chart for reference.
Features: (Enhanced, updated, and with new content added throughout)
- Now more than 10,000 Life Application® notes and features
- Over 100 Life Application® profiles of key Bible people
- Introductions and overviews for each book of the Bible
- More than 500 maps & charts placed for quick reference
- Extensive side-column cross-reference system to facilitate deeper study
- Life Application® index to notes, charts, maps, and profiles
- Refreshed design with a second color for visual clarity
- 16 pages of full-color maps
- Quality Smyth-sewn binding—durable, made for frequent use, and lays flat when open
- Presentation page
- Single-column format
- Christian Worker’s Resource, a special supplement to enhance the reader’s ministry effectiveness
- Full text of the accurate, readable, and clear New International Version (NIV)